Monday, February 23, 2009

C-5 Eye of the Cyclone

C-5 Eye of the Cyclone
This block was fun! I think I'm starting to enjoy hand-piecing. I used the freezer paper on top method for this block. I just love it that I can use my hands to sew curves. Amazing. The fabric is Amy Butler's Martini in Mustard from her Midwest Modern line.

I think the closest thing I have experienced to a cyclone was a tornado. Yes yes, I know they're different, cyclones are hurricanes or monsoons, and that tornadoes are another type or storm. Living in the SF bay area, I don't experience much of either. But my tornado experience was when I was in Illinois for band camp and a tornado came through! It was exciting, even though the storm didn't hit our location. It was still super cloudy and apparently the skies turned green.

58-9-0-1243

2 comments:

Yvette said...

It is PERFECT! I just made another yesterday and it is so wonky.

Rebekah said...

I love the pieced curves! It's one of my quilting fears to conquer this year :)