Wednesday, March 25, 2009

G-5 Poof

G-5 Poof
Whew this block is cutting it close. You can't tell because I crop the photo to the finished size, but there is VERY little seam allowance on this one. It's because I made it from a charm square (of Anna Maria Horner's fabulous Small Gathering in Citrus from her Good Folks line). I have at least 1/8 inch on each edge, so it should be ok. I will probably be using Oh Fransson's trick of ironing freezer paper onto the block so I have a 5 inch square when I am sewing the blocks together.

This block does make me smile though. It reminds me of cotton balls, and really, how can you look at that fabric and not smile?

85-15-0-1858

3 comments:

byneedleandthread said...

at the risk of sounding repetitive...i love this one!

Kelly said...

Love it! It is so fun and happy :)

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Rebekah said...

this cotton ball poof is so cute :)