Monday, August 11, 2008

B-9 Tinker Toy

B-09 Tinker Toy
This block was my first experience with 90 degree set in seams. It was pretty fun! I bought a disappearing ink marker for this and I have to say, I love disappearing ink markers now! I have only used water soluble ones until now.

The fabric is Heather Ross' Gnomes, and they were spaced just perfectly for this block! Machine pieced and reverse applique for the middle.

I did the applique during the opening ceremonies for the Olympics. WOW. That's really all I have to say.

26-0-0-356

2 comments:

flanthrower said...

Love this one! (I have this fabric and have been wondering how, if ever, I'll use it.)

All these quilt blocks have me itching to start a Dear Jane quilt too but I need to crank out one more quilt (for a wedding next month) before I can even think about taking on such an endeavor.

Wendy said...

My heart skipped a beat when I saw this!!!