Monday, February 9, 2009

LS-9 Kiwi

LS-9 Kiwi
I tried a new way of hand applique. It's a bit hard to explain, but compared to the way most people applique, I used to separate one step into two steps. I would have to flip back and forth between the front and the back, and while it was more accurate, it took twice as long. Now I only look at the front, and poke my needle down and up in one step. Much faster. This triangle has reverse hand appliqued and then machine pieced across the center.

The fabric is Sandy Gervais' Fresh Squeezed Swirls in Watermelon. I figure the fruit family should stick together! I completed it during a trip down to LA with my high school friends this past weekend. It was a lot of fun, and a TON of eating.

44-4-0-798

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHEM, you were in LA this weekend?

Junie Moon said...

I love the colors in this block and the F-2 you posted last time. You're zipping right along with your blocks.