Monday, August 4, 2008

A-2 One-Two Buckle My Shoe

A-02 One - Two Buckle My Shoe
I think the name of this block is so cute. According to Anina, the blocks used to be numbered rows 1-13 and columns 1-13. Now it is rows A-M and columns 1-13, much easier to figure out what you're talking about. In any case, this block is row 1, column 2, so 1-2 Buckle My Shoe!

As for the actual block, finished is better than perfect. I am not too happy with this block, and my beloved freezer paper-paper piecing method didn't seem to work well. Because you put freezer paper on the backside, it goes over the seams and ends up being shorter than the row was supposed to be. You can't tell from the photo, but instead of being 5" square, it's much smaller, but it should be able to hide in the seam allowance.

The fabric is from Eddie's Quilting Bee, I got it as part of a door prize during their grand opening celebration.

19-0-0-260

0 comments: