Tuesday, March 17, 2009

H-10 Ben's Bowtie

H-10 Ben's Bowtie
So this past weekend, Chris' little sister had her Presentation for NCL. It was a bit like a debutante ball when the young ladies are presented to society. Chris' dad had to wear a tux, and he mentioned that that it was only his third time ever wearing a tux. He had a normal black bowtie, but imagine if he had one made out of this red fabric!

The fabric is Alexander Henry's Sunny Side. I loved this fabric when I saw it going around the blog world and was SO excited to see it at Joann's. I still love it. It looks better when you see the whole print. The block was machine pieced and freezer paper pieced.

75-14-0-1656

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

I can not wait to see all these blocks put together in final form!

Love this fabric (at least what I can see of it here). Did you buy it recently?

Unknown said...

Unfortunately I bought it at least a year ago, but I think I saw it at Joann's the last time I was there...

Junie Moon said...

I think it would be fun making this into a bowtie. I'm actually working on bowties for the American Cancer Society Pink and Black Gala Auction.