Tuesday, February 10, 2009

M-11 Rickshaw

M-11 Rickshaw
I love rickshaws! When I was younger, I visited my family in Indonesia and my favorite thing to do was eat watermelon and ride around on becak(rickshaws). I even have a little metal model of a becak. Recently in Vietnam, as part of our tour, we rode around Hanoi in rickshaws, and it was a different experience from what I remember in Indonesia. People were definitely walking faster than we were pedalling, and I remember feeling bad for my poor old driver.

This block is paper pieced. The fabric is from Free Study Glimmer by Kristine Baerlin again, and I love it. The colors are so calming, and then you notice the koi swimming around. It reminds me of Yeh-Shen, a Chinese Cinderella story in which she has a big fish in the backyard...

45-4-0-829

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your fabrc choices. I have yet to see one I do not like.