So I have been dreading doing this block. Not sure why, because I have done melons before, and I have done applique. For this one, I did the freezer paper on the inside method. It was not too bad. The only thing I did incorrectly was that I marked lines with a disappearing marker, then ironed over it. Whoops! I think I set the lines. Could be worse though, at least the lines match the colors of the fabric! I will definitely be using this method again, although I think I get better points with the freezer paper on top.
Once again the fabric is from Heather Ross' Mendocino line. I bought a stack of 6 inch squares of the entire line, and they sit right in front of me, so whenever I can use one of those squares to complete a block that's what I grab.