Tuesday, March 31, 2009

City of Angels

So a couple of weekends ago, I went down to LA to watch the World Baseball Classic. It was a fantastic experience. It was AMAZING how spirited the fans were! We were rooting for Japan, and they won! Chris caught a baseball. We were sitting in the South Korea section (by accident), and we had made posters, but since we were so outnumbered we didn't use them. Thank goodness, because those posters prevented the baseball from rolling out of our aisle!
IMG_0450
We stayed at my cousin's house in Santa Monica, and when I wasn't at a baseball game, we were eating or looking for fabric shops. Here is my loot for the weekend...
Fabrics from F&S Fabrics in Los Angeles
From F&S Fabrics, I got some yardage of bamboo knits for shirts and dresses, scraps (25 cents a piece) for Dear Jane, another bobbin saver for my featherweight, and some rickrack to make some napkins.
Loot from Sewing Arts Center in Santa Monica
From the Sewing Arts Center in Santa Monica (GREAT store), I got some fabrics for my Dear Jane, and transfer paper so I can make those ornaments I never finished last year...
IMG_0498
And best of all, I got to raid my cousin's scrap pile! I see more Dear Jane blocks! Thanks Cousin!

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

what a great loot!

That's so cool that your husband caught a ball!

Unknown said...

We're not married (or even engaged) yet, but we have been going out for 8 years... so easy mistake to make!

I'll have to take a photo of it and post it... it's pretty cool. It has the WBC logo on it in gold.

Oiyi said...

Great haul!

Junie Moon said...

Love the goodies you snared in the fabric stores. I've always longed to catch a ball at a game. Sometimes I remember to take my baseball glove with me, sort of a good luck charm, but still a ball never comes near where I'm sitting. I'm glad your son got to have the experience.

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

OMG, I can't believe you were at the World Baseball Classics game! We saw it on TV and wished we were there :) Being a Giants fan I might feel some unease sitting in that stadium though... :P Glad you guys had a great time :)