Friday, March 13, 2009

G-3 Four Leaf Clover

G-3 Four Leaf Clover
Ah, another jury duty block. I chose this fabric because the background pattern in the fabric echoed the applique, but the pattern was so big it was hard to see. The fabric is Giant Octopi in orange from Heather Ross' Mendocino collection. I did the freezer paper on top method to applique the pieces down.

I recently bought some applique needles, and they make a huge difference. When I use bigger size needles I can definitely feel my fingers working more. My current favorite needles are the John James straw needles in size 11. I like my needles long, and I like to buy a lot of them because I tend to lose them.

70-14-0-1565

2 comments:

Katie Jean said...

I love this block! I just bought the applique needles too and I can't believe that I was sewing without them. They are the best!

Rebekah said...

very cute! I love how the block design mimics the fabric!