Monday, July 14, 2008

B-4 Chris' Soccer Field

B-4 Chris's Soccer Field
This block was not my first attempt at paper piecing, but it was my first time using the freezer paper method. Instead of sewing through the paper, you fold it back on the crease and iron the freezer paper down after the seam is sewn. I can now see why people like those mini clover irons. I will have to put that on my wish list. I really enjoyed this method, and will probably continue to use it, especially since I have a huge roll of freezer paper.

The fabric came from my local quilt shop, the Granary, when they used to offer a Twinkler. A twinkler was a monthly program in which you receive pack of 6 fat quarters from the same line. I really liked the program because I ended up getting fabrics that I otherwise would never have even considered, but unfortunately, it got canceled.

12-0-0-93

0 comments: