Tuesday, May 12, 2009

C-12 Family Reunion

C-12 Family Reunion
Mmm plaid. I never really wore much plaid, mostly flannel pajama bottoms. I'm thinking of incorporating more plaid into my wardrobe, but more of the cotton plaid as opposed to the flannel. I think some plaid and gingham shirts would be fantastic. I can't imagine my family wearing plaid to a reunion though. The majority of my family comes from Indonesia, and I don't think plaid is popular over there. It does make me laugh to imagine hundreds of my Indonesian family milling around a park in plaid...

This block was chain pieced and the fabric was a fat quarter from the Granary.

93-18-0-2164

3 comments:

Junie Moon said...

I actually like the plaid in this block as it gives it depth. All of your blocks always look great. I'm way behind on my blocks as I'm in the middle of about a zillion other distracting projects.

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Hey, I had no idea you're Indonesian, thought you're Chinese :) I just teased hubby for buying a pair of patchwork plaid shorts, it looks so preppy, but I guess it's back "in" now ;)

Anonymous said...

Your blocks are wonderful and I really like the plaid.