Tuesday, February 3, 2009

RS-8 Love Forever

RS-8 Love Forever
I have never been a fan of hearts. They're just too girly. Also not too much a fan of pink. But I do like dresses now. For applique however, hearts are great. You get to practice an inside corner, an outside corner, curves, and straight lines. I do really like this triangle, and I think that hearts are growing on me. I think the fact that I paired it with a darker color makes it ok.

This triangle was entirely done using reverse applique. The fabric I got from an estate sale, and the only information I could get from the selvedge was that it was produced by Peter Pan Fabrics. What a great name for a fabric company.

39-2-0-652

6 comments:

jenny said...

I love that fabric.

Anonymous said...

wow... amazing!! I love that fabric!

jacquie said...

your blocks are looking so great. i'm not much of a heart fan either...i did get a bit hooked after i made oiyi's block. after i finish those two quilts...i think i'm done with hearts for awhile.

Rebekah said...

this is so cute in a totally non-girly heart way :) That fabric is really great

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

I feel the same way about hearts ;) But this is a bit folksy and not too girlie, love it!

Anonymous said...

I love <3 that pattern!it's soooo cute! And the fabric! The fabric tops it off! TOOOOO cute to be!