Sunday, February 8, 2009

F-2 Kaleidescope

F-2 Kaleidescope
This block was easy! Paper pieced. It was nice to get away from set in seams. The fabric is Free Study Glimmer by Kristine Baerlin, made by Free Spirit Fabrics. I think this is my favorite print out of the whole line.

I made a little zipper pouch using this fabric to teach myself how to insert a zipper. I am proud to say that the zipper pouch is used ALL the time. It holds the extra sewing machine feet for my Janome Silver. I always forget how handy little pouches are!

44-3-0-794

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

wow! this one looks especially complicated. I like the fabric that you used.

Your zipper pouch sounds like a great sewing machine storage solution. I have yet to make a lined zipper pouch...I just need to sit down and figure it out and get it over with.

Anonymous said...

Wow...for me it's not easy at all, Lynn.
It remind me of a tool (its shape like telescope)to see lights, I forget what its name is. When we see lights through that tool, the light becomes so colorful like stained glass.

The idea of sewing a zipper, that's good to push ourselves to learn.

Btw, how come you can have many families at Tasikmalaya?

Sew Create It - Jane said...

WOW - expertly executed! Look at those points..not a hair out of line!
Love the fabric!!

Oiyi said...

This is so spectacular.

Anina said...

I'm crazy about this block!