Monday, August 11, 2008

K-11 Columbine

K-11 Columbine
I knew for this block I wanted a light blue-y purple-y fabric so it would look like the flower. Unfortunately, that is not a color I really have in my stash. Lots of oranges and navy blues, but not so much with the purple. Fortunately, during the 2008 Shop Hop Around the Bay I picked up this fabric from the clearance bin with the intention of someday making it into a dress. I cut out a little piece, and I think it fits this block perfectly.

Whether or not the cut off points were a mistake on Jane's part or not, I love them. I love the blunt ends. Block is paper pieced, with fabric from Back Porch Fabrics.

30-0-0-445

1 comments:

ConnieB/CA said...

Lynn, Love your fabrics and boy have you been making progress on your "Jane".
ConnieB