Monday, March 30, 2009

A-9 Cabin Fever

A-9 Cabin Fever
This block has a ton of little pieces! It was pretty fun to make though. I like log cabins (the quilt block, I don't think I've ever stayed in a real log cabin), but they take so long to make. As a HUGE fan of chain piecing, log cabins just seem so inefficient! I do like the final result though, and this block really did turn out well.

The fabric is from my cousin's stash, and is Alexander Henry's Country Road Check in blue. It worked out really well for this block. The block was freezer paper pieced.

86-16-0-1906

6 comments:

Yvette said...

Perfect fabric for the block. It looks great!

Punt Petit said...

Wonderful !!!!!!!

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Wow, this looks complicated! Well done :) Can't wait to get my sewing machine fixed so I can try my hand at it (nothing like this, just straight lines for now :>)

BTW, you didn't happen to be at the Stonemountain fabric store in Berkeley this past week, did you? I thought I saw someone like you between the aisles but not totally sure...

Zonnah said...

Wow, I love it!

Unknown said...

Ivy - No, not me... but could have been my sister (she lives in Oakland). I'll ask her.

Kristine said...

Oooh me like!