Wednesday, July 30, 2008

B-12 Starflower

B-12 Starflower
Alright, so this is the block that I accidentally cut when trimming the back fabric. If you look above the (super cute) teacup dog, there is a little triangle where my scissors nicked the top fabric. Any suggestions? Redo the block? Fray check? Iron on interfacing on the back?

In any case, the fabric is Heather Ross Dog Park Orange from her Lightning Bugs line. I really liked this block, so it was such a let down to do something so stupid as accidentally cutting the fabric...

15-0-0-163

4 comments:

flanthrower said...

I love this block! My favorite so far I think.

If it really bothers you, I'd say do it over but if not, fray check's fine. Honestly, I didn't even notice until you pointed it out and even then it's sorta hard to see in the photo.

Rebekah said...

bummer...I hate it when I accidentally snip a finished project! I would probably use a scrap of interfacing on it

Robin said...

Very cute block!

Fray check or interfacing would probably keep the little cut from growing. For me, I guess it would depend on the purpose of the quilt. If it's going to be displaying on a wall, I'd use one of the above and be fine with it. But it is going to be used to snuggle with or cover a bed-- I'd re-do the block just to be safe.

J with an ustin said...

Put a little doggy patch so there is something that sticks out a little!