Friday, March 20, 2009

D-11 Snow Crystal

D-11 Snow Crystal
Mmm. Snow. Living in California, I don't see snow unless I actively go to find it. I usually find it too cold, but there really is something magical about those snowflakes. One of my favorite activities when I was younger was to make those paper snowflakes. None of them were as simple and classic looking as this one. They usually had hearts and happy faces and other random stuff.

This block was made by freezer paper piecing (with set in seams!) and hand applique. The fabric is Alexander Henry's Hollywood in Turquoise. It's very art deco, and it was fun to fussy cut it for this block.

79-15-0-1769

5 comments:

Katie Jean said...

Looks great! I've been avoiding this block because I really really hate set in corners!

Anonymous said...

I love this color combo.

Zonnah said...

I love the fabric choice and how you cut it out.

Rebekah said...

this looks great! You cut the fabric perfectly to fit this block

Junie Moon said...

The fabrics you chose for this block and the St. George's Cross are just perfect. Your quilt is going to be the very most fabulous rendition of the Dear Jane quilt ever.