Friday, July 11, 2008

A-7 Dad's Plaids

A-7 Dad's Plaids
This block was interesting to make because there was both regular applique and reverse applique. I definitely like reverse applique better because I feel like I do a better job of the points. For both methods, I used freezer paper on the top piece and folded them down as I went along. I think for the next applique block I will try putting freezer paper on the inside and iron down the edges before attaching it.

Fabric is from my local quilt shop, the Granary. Not sure who it's made by, and it is a little too dark for my color scheme, but I love it anyway. When I saw it I just had to buy it. It doesn't feel like normal quilting cottons, it's a bit thicker and the threads seem looser? I'm not really sure how to describe it.

7-0-0-34

1 comments:

flanthrower said...

Oh I love this fabric!

Man, you are on a roll with this stuff. I love all of these blocks.