Friday, March 20, 2009

L-4 St. George's Cross

L-4 St. George's Cross This block is one of those blocks that I noticed when I first started making the quilt. How was I supposed to do it? It seemed like a simple nine patch, but with those extra white lines... I was at a loss. Thanks to the quilt-along though, it is now simple again. I cannot imagine making these blocks without paper piecing (even though it is still not that accurate) and I am amazed by how many skills I have learned so far in making this quilt.

The fabric is what I am using for my nine-patch swap, Anna Maria Horner's Fortune in Sea, from her Good Folks line. It is paper pieced.

78-15-0- 1752

1 comments:

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

I love this fabric! I'm trying to get ideas for some simple (i.e. idiot-proof) baby things to sew, you're giving me so much ideas on what cute fabrics' out there, thanks! :D