Tuesday, August 12, 2008

BR-1 Rosemary's Rainbow

BR-01 Rosemary's Rainbow
My first triangle! This one was a nice easy one, although figuring out how to crop it in my available photo software was a challenge. Good thing I did my minor in photography, I remembered that .png images don't save the background. Woohoo!

The fabric was purchased during Shop Hop 2008, from Judy's Sewing Center. I think it's pretty obvious I have Hawaii on my mind. I'm going to Maui at the end of this week for my college friend's wedding! This block reminds me of lava, and I am SO excited for our horseback ride down into the crater of Haleakala.

30-1-0-457

10 comments:

flanthrower said...

Lovely! You know these triangles scare me...one of many reasons I'm not sure I'm ready to take on a project like this one.

Have a great trip!!

Rebekah said...

cool block! I didn't realize the dear jane quilt had triangle blocks.

Have a fabulous time in Hawaii!

JuLo said...

Oh neat! How is the triangle going to be incorporated into the quilt?

JuLo said...

PS: I'm totally jealous! Why is everyone going to Hawaii right now but me?! Hehe. Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Wheee, Hawaii! Are you going to buy more fabric? :)

rdrop said...

looks lovely! ^_^ woohoo hawaii!

wow you are really going at this dear jane quilt.. you will be done in no time at all!! Super exciting!

Junie Moon said...

After reading and watching your progress with the Dear Jane quilt project, I've succumbed to the madness and ordered the book today. I guess I'll think about the software and special rulers, too. I'm not sure where to begin but I'll read about it first when my book arrives and go from there. I think it will be a grand adventure based on everything I've read on your blog.

Anina said...

It does look like lava. We just got back from Maui yesterday. Heaven!
(but no lava, I'm afraid)

jacquie said...

i love dropping by and looking at all your blocks. love your fabrics...they all look great!

Oiyi said...

Wow, pretty cool!