Monday, July 14, 2008

D-13 Field of Dreams

D-13 Field of Dreams
I love this block. It's also known as the signature block. I am seriously considering starting making a ton of these blocks now and have people sign them when I get married. It's really nice because they have the area in the white to sign. This block was easy-peasy, rotary cut and then machine pieced.

I finally found a selvedge edge that let me know what this line of fabric is (seen previously in C-9 Jane's Tears). It's Free Study Glimmer by Kristine Baerlin, made by Free Spirit Fabrics. I really love the colors of this line, and I really love Free Spirit Fabrics in general.

9-0-0-48

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Awesome fabric. I love those swans.

Robin said...

Lovely block! I did blocks instead of a guest book at my wedding. Of course, it's nearly 6 years now, and the quilt with those blocks has yet to be completed! I really ought to finish that one...

Marisa said...

I did something similar when we got married. I also have yet to finish the quilt, but every time I look through the amazing signatures, I cherish them. Many of the people that were older, are no longer with us, and it makes me love the blocks even more. I'm really glad I did it.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Kristine Baerlin, and I designed the fabric you made this square out of. I'm so thrilled to see your beautiful use of the pattern! This is the best use of it I've seen so far. Thanks for all your interest in the line and Free Spirit Fabrics.

J with an ustin said...

Only because you mention getting married: When I get hitched I want a wedding quilt... or money...or a cure for my dog allergies.