Thursday, February 5, 2009

H-11 Piercing Rays

H-11 Piercing Rays
I really enjoyed making this block. Not sure why, but I have a feeling it was the polka dots. They're just so happy. The fabric is a fat quarter from the Granary, and unfortunately I didn't get the selvedge side. It is foundation pieced and then the set in seams come in. I had a much better time with this block than the last block with set in seams. I've discovered that I pull a bit too much on the fabric, so for me it helps a lot if I backstitch just a little bit to keep the stitches in place.

The one thing about this block that bothers me is that some burned stuff from my iron transferred to a part of the block where the seams are particularly thick. Thankfully it's not too noticeable, but I really need to stop being lazy and just clean that darn iron.

42-2-0-714

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those dots!! That's an awesome shade of blue too.

Clean your iron!!!!

Katie Jean said...

It looks great! I'm shamefully behind on my DBJ and I really, really hate the set in corners!