Wednesday, August 6, 2008

H-13 Farm Fields

H-13 Farm Fields
When I read the name of this block, I knew I wanted a striped fabric. I don't really know much about living on a farm. All I really know is that when you drive by them on the freeway, the rows make this crazy pattern that seem to follow you. I'm always amazed by how straight the rows are, and I always try to figure out what is planted. Oh, I also try to play "Spot the Bull" but that's a different story.

This year I joined the Two Small Farms CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), and I have eaten vegetables that I have not even heard of before. I'm also cooking a lot more, but I still have a ways to go before I feel like I'm really using my membership to the fullest. I do have to admit though, the vegetables are much better than what I would get at the grocery store. Everything is just a bit fresher, sweeter, crisper...

This fabric for this block was purchased specifically for this project, and it is Tonal Rulers in Green from the Wee Play line by American Jane (Sandy Klop) for Moda. I really do like this fabric, and even though I didn't do a great job lining up the stripes, it doesn't bother me enough to redo them. This block was freezer paper foundation pieced.

23-0-0-306

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Oh, this block is awesome. You are really going to town here, knocking off block by block. I love your fabric choices. Thanks again for turning me on to Two Small Farms. I cannot wait to get my box later this afternoon. Last week I think we used all the contents, but this week I'm just a little scared of some of the greens...good to push one's creative cooking limits I guess.

JuLo said...

Love this fabric. It is awesome. :)