Friday, August 8, 2008

B-8 Water Lily

B-08 Water Lily
For some reason this block didn't want to get done. I had the background of the block done, but I just didn't want to applique the melons on. But it's done now, and it's PINK. I like how it pops up. I love water lilies. I think they are so pretty with their pointy petals sitting on the water. They remind me of my visit to Hong Kong and Japan and all the Asian temples with the gorgeous water lilies sitting in the ponds.

This block was machine pieced (with set in points!) and hand appliqued. The fabric is Kaffe Fassett's Pinking Flower Red. I always say I'm not really a pink person, but then I look at my clothes and fabrics in my stash and have to take it back. I guess I'm not an ALL pink person, but I don't mind a bit here and there as a little shock of color.

25-0-0-343

3 comments:

Junie Moon said...

I love how the color just glows!

rdrop said...

wow you're on a roll, you will have this quilt done in no time! ^_^ keep it going!

FinnyKnits said...

While I'm not a quilter, I've been following your blocks in my reader and I'm so impressed!

This one and the Peek-a-boo are my favorite.

Great work!