This is the doll quilt I made for Liz for the Doll Quilt Swap. Don't worry she already received it so I'm not ruining any surprises. I based it off of Denyse Schmidt's Vine quilt, after stalking Liz on her blog and flickr site for a couple days. I used invisible machine applique to attach the circles to the background. Sorry for the rainy photos, you can go to Liz's post to see better ones. Not really sure what those circular flowers are called. I always call them pods, but that seems so... sci-fi.
This is the fabric I ended up using as background. It's from Amy Butler's Lotus line. Funny thing, this is the fabric I fell in love with and wanted to use, but once I finished to top, it seemed like too much. However it did dictate the color scheme for the quilt.
I also made a label for this quilt. This was my first time making a label on a quilt, and I really need to start doing it on all of my quilts. I really want to try the bubble jet set print your own custom labels thing. Sounds like fun to me!! Now I've finished the hard part and I get to wait to see who is making one for me! I'm so excited!!