Bleh. I did not like how that quilt turned out. So instead you get a funny photo of Lucy from yesterday. So the quilt I'm talking about is the twin to the blue and green quilt, but it had some "upgrades".
First, I added a border (the turtle fabric) and used the patchwork binding. Then I used Oh! Frasson's fantastic pattern to add minky to the back. Here's the problem... I didn't prewash the front, but I prewashed the back. So the beautiful minky was all baggy. I guess I have to do it once to really learn my lesson. Other than that, the quilt was ok. At least it will be super warm for the baby! And then I gave it away before I took photos of it... This quilt was full of ups and downs. I didn't particularly like making the quarter square triangles, but piecing them together was fine. Adding the border was fine. I had such a hard time machine quilting this one (just top and batting, no backing). But then doing a zig zag around the edges was fun, and adding the patchwork binding was fun too. Then the back came out baggy. It's really too bad that it ended up on the down side.
In the end, I am not sure if I will ever make another minky backed blanket. I did like this one, and I think my mistakes were obvious enough that the next one will turn out well. But honestly, I like the cute backing fabrics! And if I was a baby with a minky blanket, I think I would be hot!